It has been a very long winter for sure and we are counting down the days until spring!
But I do have a preschool fun idea for those days we can't get outside to use up some energy. Have the preschool children make their own Igloo Village as one of your preschool activities.
Even more fun is that it is made from mini-marshmallows!
Marshmallows - Marshmallow Igloo
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- 1/2 of an apple or an orange
- frosting or marshmallow fluff
- pretzel rods broken into shorter pieces
- knives or spoons
- or smocks
- Line a table with newspaper or disposable table cloth.
- Give each child a plate and piece of fruit.
- Have them spread the apple or orange entirely with the frosting
- Tell them to start at the bottom (at the plate) and start
covering the fruit with the marshmallows until the entire fruit is
- You could add a pretend chimney using the pretzel rod pieces.
- Let them enjoy their masterpiece to set up the village, to eat, to admire or to take home for a surprise.
Marshmallows are such fun things to use with preschool kitchen crafts and activities. They guarantee success.
I hope you enjoy this preschool idea--we always have fun with this. Just be sure to have EXTRA marshmallows on hand!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Preschool Activities.