Recycled Materials Crafts
Great preschool crafts - economical and fun
Make a busy city filled with cars & buildings for one of your preschool activities out of recycled materials crafts. Its a great way to learn about buildings like skyscrapers, apartments, houses, schools, hospitals....etc and land transportation like buses, taxis, trains...etc or even landscapes like trees, bushes, shrubs,...etc
- Milk boxes, cereal boxes, tissue boxes etc -for buildings
- Bottle caps - all sizes- for the wheels
- Glue or Glue stick
- Construction or wrapping paper/foil
- Crayons or markers
- To have further practice with application of glue and pasting
- To enhance creativity
- To improve eye-hand coordination
- To work on fine motor skills
- To have fun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Lay out boxes of all sizes.
- Have construction papers or foil cut to wrapping size
- Show the kids how to cover the boxes with the paper & glue them.
- Younger kids can use foil paper as it looks good even when crushed and you don't have to paste it with glue.
- Carefully cut squares & rectangles from construction papers.
- Stick the squares as windows - stick rows & columns for skyscrappers
- Stick the rectangles for doors / elevators.
- Make little cones out of green construction papers to represent trees.
- Make road signs with little cards on toothpicks or ice cream sticks.
These recycled materials crafts can be done over a few days - kids can also paint a big backdrops or floor mat - with roads, rivers, parks, beach....etc
Check out more Recycled Crafts :
Collage with Recycled Magazines
Toilet Roll Crafts.html
Go to more craft Ideas
Go to preschool art activities
Reading with Phonics
I saw this recycled craft at a shopping mall and thought it's brilliant. Its made with pop cans, cookies tins, brushes, sticks .... etc This may be a class project ideal for parent teachers day or craft exhibition. It's a little complex for preschoolers, but you may just get the idea and modify it accordingly.
Who has the cheapest Preschool Crafts?
Do you have a great idea about some cheap preschool crafts that you've done? Share it here and help someone who needs economical preschool crafts to do with their kids.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Free E-zine Subscription
If you like to subscribe to the Preschool Resource Free Magazine, please fill in the form below with your Name and Email address.
Go to top of page - Recycled Materials Crafts
Return to Homepage