Easy crafts for preschool art projects
Making greeting cards is another one of the many and easy crafts for preschool art projects. The best part of making greeting cards is that kids learn to make personal cards to send to those they appreciate. There are no limits to its creativity in this preschool art projects. The sky is the limit.
Introduce this in your kindergarten and watch the amazing creativity expressed when kids come together for their preschool activities. Besides creating the cards, kids will be given the opportunity to catch on the passion and vision of touching lives through homemade cards.
When I receive a card bought from the store, I am thankful and appreciate the thought behind the card. When I receive a homemade card, I am most delighted and really appreciate the effort and love expressed through it. And I keep and treasure it- especially if it’s made by a kindergarten kid. So, be encouraged in this preschool art project – it’s not only fun and a cost-saver, but it's a great encouragement to the receiver.
No registration and no need members' login password.
- Sheets of craft papers – different colors
- Old magazines or recycled cards are fine too
- Pencil / Markers (optional)
- Scissors (optional)
- Beads, ribbons,
- Table Mat
- To learn to use scissors and glue applications
- To enhance creativity
- To improve eye-hand coordination
- To work on fine motor skills
- To experience with colors & shapes
- To create awareness of people in need
- To send greeting cards to appreciate people
- To have fun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Have sufficient art supplies
- Prepare different sizes of cards pre-folded.
- Talk about the occasion & the need to send a card.
- Show kids how to use the scissors to cut the outlines of pictures
- Show kids how to apply glue in a neat orderly manner
- Help the kids to paste pictures or patterns on cards
- Help them with words to use for the cards according to the occasion.
- Encourage kids to help with the putting away of art material after the activity. No kids are too small to learn this.
- You can use beads – string them and make a heart shape for valentine
- You can use alphabet pasta – make names / greeting words
- You can use fabric – as patterns or objects like skirt, hat, …etc
- You can use recycled scraps – yes even nuts and bolts can create 3D cards
- You can make it big with kids handprints or you can make it small like a bookmark.
- You can even use kitchen foil –crush and then pressed for a beautiful background.
- You can also make pop up greeting cards.
- Cards can be made for birthdays, Party Invitations, festivities, or just a plain "Thank You"….etc
Introduce easy-to-do painting
Making pictures with the thumb
If you have any card ideas, share it in the Contact Me Form below.
Who needs an appraisal, or a word of kindness?
Do you have someone you want to praise or thank. Tell the world about it.
For more crafts ideas, return to Preschool Crafts
Go to top of page - Greeting Cards
Return to Homepage