Crafts for kids
Collage with recycled magazines
Here are more crafts for kids, using recycled magazines to form a picture collage. These excellent preschool crafts refine kid's fine motor skill and enhances creativity through cut and paste activities. Now you can get rid of your old magazines and paper scraps and turn it into a great joy and accomplishment for your kids.
This is one of those "do it yourself crafts" where teachers or parents do not have to be too preoccupied with the kids because its so easy for kids to manage on their own.
- Sheets of craft papers
- craft glue
- Scrap Papers/Magazines
- Table Mat
- To have further practice with application of glue and pasting
- To enhance creativity
- To improve eye-hand coordination
- To have fun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Show a sample picture if you're doing it for the 1st time
- Explain that we are going to do a picture with the recycled scraps
- Show the prepared drawing with outline of a picture / scene
- Show the child the strips, cut outs, and crushed / cut papers (saved from earlier exercises)
- Discuss the plan - eg yellow strips for the sun rays, green
crushed balls from the trees, brown for the tree trunk etc
- Review with the child how to use the craft glue applicator
- Invite the kids to paste
- When the kids are well experienced, they may draw more complex pictures of their own.
Other ways of using crushed papers
- String the colorful crushed papers to make belts, necklaces...etc
- Make alphabets & names by sticking the crushed papers closely
- Use big crushed papers to form big wall charts
- Decorate a kid's or teacher's hat with crushed papers
- Use crushed papers as counters for math or games
- Crushed a page of newspaper, dip into paint and dap onto craft papers
- Use crushed papers for treasure hunt.
Check out more Craft ideas
Go to Preschool Art Projects
More Preschool Activities
Learning Math & Language through Preschool Cooking Activites
Outdoor Activities Program and ideas
Quality Kids Crafts
We happen to think that kids crafts should be simple, fun, high-quality and free. Enjoy our regularly updated collection of printable games and activities for birthday parties, lesson plans or at home with infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
If you have more craft ideas to share, please contact me.
You can help improve this site.
Go to top of page Crafts for Kids
Return to Homepage