Preschool Cooking Activities
How to incorporate Math, Language, Motor Skills.....etc
Engaging young children in Preschool cooking activities is not a difficult task if you have easy recipes to follow.
No registration and no need members' login password.What happens when a child gets involve in the kitchen?
When a child gets involve in the kitchen, he learns more than just making a meal. He learns Math, Science, Language, Gross and Fine Motor Skills and he builds self confidence.
Benefits when engaging a child in Preschool Cooking Activities:
- He enhances his gross and fine motor skills
- When he cuts the food into pieces, he learns to handle a knife safely
- When he transfers ingredients from the bottle / bowl, he strengthens his finger grip which is essential for writing skills
- When he carries a plate of food, he learns to hold it upright without spilling.
- When he cleans the table, he uses his whole arm, enhancing his gross motor skill
- He learns Math
- When he takes out the ingredients according to the specified quantity required, he learns counting
- When he cuts the food into pieces, he learns division
- When he has too much and needs to remove some, he learns subtraction, or vice-versa, addition
- When he follows recipe instructions, he learns sequencing
- When checks the quantities and weights, he learns measurement
- He develops his self confidence
- The time spent with the teachers / parents in a happy and relaxed environment brings security and love to the child.
- The process of creating and putting together the food adds colour and creativity
- The final product grants satisfaction and accomplishment without a doubt (though it may look like a mess to an adult)
- He develops his language skill
- Talking while working is a great way to apply new words
- He learns new vocabulary from the ingredients you use.
- He translates various feeling of joy into words & sentences
- Vocabulary you can use while cooking:
- edible / non-edible
- When food didn't turn out right, instead of saying:
disgusting, gross, yucky, icky, or simply bad,
try these vocabulary :
- unfit for human consumption
Have A Great Recipe for your Preschool Cooking Activities?
Who has the most exciting preschool cooking activity? Share it here!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Easy Recipes for Kids
Preschool Cooking with Mexican Recipes - Mama Mia !
Edible Crafts - Kids love it !
Preschool Safety Tips
Go to top of Page - Preschool Cooking Activities
Check out the Forum Page