Mothers Day is coming around the corner. Here are some templates and ideas for your preschoolers. Take advantage of this celebration to help your kids show love, honour and respect to their mums. It is an opportunity to express their love for the labor of love and sacrifice they have continually received from their mums.
Following are some Mothers Day quotes that you may like to print out and have the kids to paste onto the cards that they have chosen to prepare for their mums.
- All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont
- A mother understands what a child does not say. ~Author Unknown
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
- It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal
Pick a bunch of flowers and stick them on a card. Stick 2 hearts in the midst of the bunch. And there you have a Mother's Day card
All women love flowers. A bouquet of flowers expresses love and appreciation. A homemade Mothers Day card speaks volume to the hearts of mothers. So encourage your preschool kids to make their own cards.
Theses graphics are posted with courtesy of
Wilson's Free Clipart
Mother's Day Games
- Mother's Day Table Games
- Unscramble the following: I EOLV OYU YMMMU
Answer: I LOVE YOU MUMMY
- Using scrabble chips, throw some letters on the table, ask the kids to gather the letters M, U, and M. Then have them talk about their mum.
- Then locate letters for LOVE and talk about how they feel mummy loves them.
- Look for the word CARD and describe the cards they have made.
- Class Games
- Pin an outline of a woman on the board. Have a set of matching blouse, skirt, buttons, shoes, wrist watch, glasses, ear rings..... etc for the kids to dress up the "mummy"
- Play Hangman. Have kids call out various letters of the alphabet to fill out a short phrase like - "Happy Mother's Day". If the letters called out are not required in the phrase, draw a circle as the head, then the neck, then the body and so on till the man is completed and hung.
- Look for family pictures in magazines and cut them up into 4 or 5 pieces. Then have the children piece them together like a jigsaw puzzle. You can break the number of kids into groups and time them.
- Arrange for a mother to come into class, and the children can dress her up with the crafts they made; like ear rings, bracelets, necklace, anklets, hat, .... etc.
- Oudoor Mother's Day Games
- Treasure Hunt - Hide all the craft items in the garden and have the kids go round looking for them. eg. cards, scissors, glue, colour pencils, markers...etc. Then take them into the classroom and have them make Mothers Day's Cards.
- Lay out some big letter cards on one end of the field or court. Have the kids line up about 50 meters away. At the count of three, signal them to run to the end and look for the letters that make up the word "Mum" or "Mummy" (or other relevant words) in the midst of other letters. Then run back to the starting line and lay out the word in its right order.
- On the pavement or corridor, pour a jug of water to form patterns of flowers, hearts, or any pattern or words for mothers day. Kids may use a broom or mop to draw the water to its desired pattern.
Check out other preschool craft ideas
More preschool art projects for your kids
Go to top of page - Mothers Day
Return to Preschool Lesson Plans and Activities Homepage